Wednesday 25 February 2015

Change in Identity

Change in Identity



People's identity tend to change as their environments affect them. As we grow older we become more aware of the world around us, and as we gain experiences and make mistakes we tend to adapt to better fit our environment. Who I am began to change as I got older and will continue to change as I make mistakes and gain new experiences.


Grade 8 was where I began to change when I entered high school and knew that I was know responsible for my own future. Before that point I cared very little about my grades or how I could achieve my future goals. I rarely tried except to prove to others that I was capable of facing challenges that they thought I could not handle. But when I entered high school my future dawned on me, as I began to hear about many of the obstacles and conflicts that would occur in the years to come. I began to build my skills towards finding out about how I could reach my goal of becoming an architect. The upcoming years helped me adapt as my goal became harder and harder to achieve.


After that period I became more enrolled and aware of the world around me. I volunteered in many places such as Newton public library and took part in many diverse events in school and in society. I also joined the drafting trade program to learn more about what I would be doing in the future and to get a head start on the other people that are planning on following my career path. I also began to try harder to ready myself for grade 11 and 12 since they would be the decisive years that would decide my future, my work habit and the time and effort I spent working increased drastically. I have become a completely different person as I alienated the past.


In the next five years I will have gained more life experiences which would constantly change my identity and my look on life. I hope to have increased my knowledge in many areas and to have set more goals for the future. I would also become more connected with my family and help them through their struggles. I would also become increasingly involved in the community and attempt to begin to create new ideas that would revolutionize buildings to better suit the environment. Similarly to before, the past would be very different than who I will become.


As a person I would continue to change as time passes. As we grow older we become stronger and more capable of dealing with the problems of the future. People around us and the events that occur well always change us to the better or worse.




No comments:

Post a Comment